About the Football Medical Association
The presence of medics, therapists and science personnel in professional football has grown enormously over the past 20 years, both in number and in significance, recognising the importance of their work and contribution to the modern game. Remarkably this emerging and increasingly influential group had no singular, combined representative body to give them an independent voice and representation in the game alongside the PFA, the LMA and other administrative bodies, until 2010. It was then that following extensive market research and consultation with colleagues in the Professional game that the Football Medical Association was formed as a non-profit organisation.
- Is an independent representative membership organisation for medics, therapists and science personnel in professional football.
- Co-ordinates and delivers a range of support services to Members in order to further their personal and professional development.
- Protects the rights and privileges of Members.
- Has developed close relationships with other associations within the game, in particular The Football Association, the League Managers Association and the Players Football Association.
- Aims to assist in delivering a high level of medical services throughout the leagues and to standardise such services to allow for continuation of care for all players in the Game.
- Has established and developed close working relationships with our commercial partners and sponsors.
- Acts as a single, independent point of contact for Members in dealing with all medical related standards and issues.
- Aims to raise medical standards across all levels of professional football
- Provides the definitive voice and platform for medics, therapists and scientists in the Game.
- Has ‘professional, educational, credible, trusted and respected’ at the heart of its core values.
- Has developed a Football Medicine Register for medics, therapists, scientists and allied professionals such as psychologists, podiatrists and dentists working within private practice and/or providing a consultancy based service to a Professional Football club.
Are you a Medical or Health Practitioner working within Professional Football?
- GP`s/Medical Officers
- Sports Therapists
- Consultant (Medical/Surgical)
- Sports Psychologists
- Sport Scientists
- Soft Tissue Therapist
Join today and enjoy all the benefits of being a member.