Why join the Football Medical Association?
As medical, therapy and science personnel involved in Professional Football, we are an elite group of practitioners working in an exceptional environment, one that in turn requires exceptional representation. The Football Medical Association (FMA) is the independent representative body for medical and science personnel working within Professional Football. The FMA is a not for profit organization and gives a voice and representation to the English Premier League (EPL) the Football Association (FA), the Professional Football Association (PFA), the English Football League (EFL) the League Managers Association (LMA), the Scottish FA (SFA) and other governing bodies within the Game.
The FMA has created a platform on which to develop and nurture a range of benefits for Members and has an active profile in developing commercial partnerships that bring new and innovative products to our specific industry.
The FMA has four essential pillars within the association;
- Expert legal representation from industry lawyers, Knights 1759
- Full support on any issue from the Football Medical Association, 7 days a week
- Confidential access to clinical experts to discuss issues within your discipline
- Education/CPD via “Football Medic & Scientist” and on-line resources
- The FMA website gives access to jobs as they arise with priority email notification to all Members
- The FMA member database is the most valuable resource in world football for national & international teams to source their medical & science practitioners
- Regular e-news/updates
- Access to the FMA Forum enables communication with your colleagues within the industry
- Quarterly edition of Football Medic & Scientist magazine delivered to your door
- Member benefits include discounts on car leasing, insurance, hotels and much more…
- Savings on courses and conferences for Football Medical Association Members
- Advice on financial planning, pensions, insurance and indemnity
- Support and guidance on contracts and terms of employment, scope of practice and other medico-legal issues
- Eligibility to join the FMA Register for those practitioners working within professional football or providing consultancy to professional football clubs